Thank you for a great year! • The MISD School Office is Closed During the Summer.
- The School Office will reopen on August 7. We will be checking email and phone messages weekly.
- Parents of new students or students transitioning to a new program will be contacted by your child’s teacher.
- For other important dates, please download the MISD 2017-2018 Calendar.
Summer Tours & Admissions
Virtual Tours of the Campus
During the summer our MISD Campus becomes a Montessori Teacher Training Center educating hundreds of adult students from around the world. Tours of the campus are not possible during this time, instead we offer:
- A wonderful virtual tour of the MISD School classrooms, campus, and Montessori experience:
Video: “The Alphabet of Life” at Montessori Institute of San Diego, Dr. Silvia Dubovoy
- We are now accepting online applications to the Waitlists for our Toddler, Primary, and Elementary Programs.
- If a spot opens up over the summer on one of these waitlists you will be contacted to schedule an interview.
Thank you for your interest in MISD!
Children’s House Toddler & Primary Programs • Arts & Sciences Elementary Programs
The Montessori Institute of San Diego (MISD) Children’s House has been serving and following the child since 2003. The Children’s House is the model school for the Montessori Institute of San Diego’s Teacher Training Center. We offer Toddler (18 mos to 3 years), Primary (3 to 6 years). In 2013 we added the Arts & Sciences Elementary programs (Lower Elementary: ages 6 to 9 • and Upper Elementary: ages 9 to 12).
One of the main goals of the MISD Toddler, Primary, and Elementary Programs is to guide, nurture and support the development of each individual child. The AMI trained staff at MISD is committed to offering an environment that provides for children’s inner, developmental needs while supporting each child to fulfill their highest, unique potential. We provide a holistic approach to education where the needs of the whole child are supported and addressed in addition to the academic needs. By providing a peaceful environment with purposeful work, we encourage children to develop a life-long love of learning fueled by their inner curiosity and self-initiative.