Online MISD Application Form
Prospective students whose parents have submitted an Online Application Form and a $150 application fee will be put on a the wait list and notified if a spot becomes available.
Returning students will be given priority over new students on the wait list. Placement in a particular classroom will be made through recommendations and observations by the administration and teaching staff. Siblings are generally placed in separate classrooms, and classes are balanced based upon age and gender. The Head of School will make the final decision regarding student enrollment.
Please note that children in Montessori programs sometimes move up to the next level program (from Toddler to Primary, for example) when they are developmentally ready, this creates mid-year openings and therefore children may be accepted throughout the school year.
- January 11th, 2019 – February 11th, 2019: Re-enrollment Period for Current families
- Rolling Enrollment for New Families: Please see below to Book A Tour
The following provides a step-by-step procedure for enrollment into the MISD Children’s House:
- Arrange a school tour to visit and receive information from MISD office
- During the Summer the MISD Campus becomes a Teacher Training Center and physical tours of the Campus are not possible.
- We offer a wonderful Virtual Tour of the Campus here: “The Alphabet of Life,” at Montessori Institute of San Diego.
- Familiarize yourself with basic Montessori philosophy
- Complete Online Application Form and pay non-refundable application fee
- Participate in child or family interview, as required
- Receive letter of acceptance from MISD
- Complete and return enrollment contract, all required enrollment forms, and pay deposit through Smart Tuition.
- Attend orientation meeting
The following priorities are used in determining admissions:
- Currently enrolled students
- Siblings of currently enrolled students
- Balancing of ages and gender in each classroom
- Transfers from other Montessori schools
- Date of application
The MISD Children’s House admits and welcomes students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all rights, privileges, programs, and activities available to students at the school. The MISD Children’s House does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, or national and ethic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship, or other school-administered programs.
- About MISD
- Calendar & Schedules
- Montessori Programs
- Parent Education
- Videos | Photos