Dear MISD Parents,
Our first priority is to ensure existing MISD families have a chance to re-enroll for 2017-2018 school year before we send acceptance offers to the wait list families. The online enrollment process has been working very well and most families have responded (THANK YOU!), but we still have a few families we have not heard from.
Monday, Feb 6, is the last day for our Re-Enrollment Period—if you haven’t done so already, please complete your online re-enrollment this weekend. We will not give your spot away without a phone call but we will begin contacting waitlist families next week.
You can find the re-enrollment links on your child’s classroom blogs, with detailed instructions.
Please remember to bring in a signed hard copy of your contract to the Children’s House office by Monday (licensing requires paper copies)
It is an honor and a privilege to work with your children daily. Thank you!
Check your classroom blogs to view a slideshow of Tues night’s fun at the
First Annual MISD Mendocino Farms Family FUNdraiser…
Thank you to MISD parent Trinity Vernazza for organizing the evening!
Tomorrow morning after drop-off, join us for our Gala Kickoff in the trailers! Come mingle, enjoy a cup of coffee and learn about this years Gala at the Lot in La Jolla!
Let’s join together and make this years Gala the best yet! Looking forward to seeing you there.
What a fun and busy rainy week we had!
- There is no school this coming Monday!
- Toddler and Primary 2017-2018 Re-Enrollment Online Links (due Feb 6) will be sent out on Tuesday.
Have a wonderful long weekend!
Re-Enrollment for the 2017-2018 school year will begin this week. Please look for another blog post with the link included to enroll for next school year.
In order to secure your child’s space, you must complete the online re-enrollment, pay the non-refundable re-enrollment fee, and return a signed Enrollment Contract to the office by Monday, February 6, 2017. Online Re-Enrollment links are available on your child/ren’s classroom blogs.
*** *** ***
Happy 2017 and welcome back!
We are looking forward to a great start to the new year! Please join us in our Mendocino Farms FAMILY FUNdraiser!
What is it?
• Mendocino Farms is a new sandwich market that opened recently in the La Jolla Village Shopping Center. We have reserved an evening for MISD Families to meet and socialize and enjoy the fine cuisine.
When is it?
• Tuesday, January 24th from 3:30-6:30pm.
• Step 1: Shortly, Ms. Sara will be handing out fliers for the fundraiser.
• Step 2: Hold on to them until the 24th!
• Step 3: On fundraiser day (January 24th from 3:30-6:30pm) bring your flier with you and hand it to the cashier upon ordering and enjoy!
Here’s Why! (more…)
- Students return to class on Wednesday, January 4
- Teachers only will be on campus tomorrow for an inservice day, Tues January 3.
Thank You and Happy New Year! from the teachers and staff at MISD.
Dear MISD Families,
Tonight is the official end of the 2016 Annual Giving Campaign
♥ But you are welcome to give throughout the year! Get your donation in by Dec 31 to get the potential tax write-off for 2016 ♥
The Montessori Institute of San Diego Children’s House and Arts & Sciences Elementary were created to serve as model schools for MISD Teachers-in-Training. We do not cut corners and we do not compromise.
- MISD Families who donate to the Annual Campaign are the heroes who make this commitment to excellence possible.
Donation Options for 2016-2017:
- $250-$500: Fund Staff Holiday Bonuses. Great schools depend on great teachers. Teachers who have the gift-giving virtue, the knowledge, and the creativity to lead a world-class Montessori classroom. San Diego is a very expensive place to live. Your donation will help make it possible for our world-class staff to survive, and thrive, in San Diego!
- $500-$1000: Help Close the Gap between Tuition & the Cost of Giving your Child an Authentic Montessori Education. MISD is committed to keeping tuition reasonable and to making a Montessori Education accessible to all familes. We keep tuitions lower than local La Jolla schools and we provide 15% of MISD families with scholarships. Your donation at this level will help us maintain these commitments.
- $1000-$25,000 Supporter-Benefactor-Patron: Invest in the Future! Children are our best investment, and your family can be the catalyst that sparks a community-wide renaissance: “The Lifecycle Benefits of an Influential Early Childhood Program” Professor Heckman and his colleagues at the University of Chicago and University of Southern California Schaeffer Center released new research that presented a 13% ROI on early childhood programs.
Thank you to the 40 Families who have honated to the 2016 Annual Campaign! And to all the families who are planning to donate before Jan 31! We cannot do it without you.
- About MISD
- Calendar & Schedules
- Montessori Programs
- Parent Education
- Videos | Photos